Terms and Conditions of entry:
Please find below key points from our Terms & Conditions of Entry to Cartmel Racecourse for your information. For additional terms of entry covering the Participants in Racing (A), Media Contractors (B), Photographers (C), Press (D), On Course Bookmakers (E), and Contractors, Tradestands and Exhibitors (F) please view the special terms here.
A full list of these Terms & Conditions is available upon request from the Racecourse.
These Conditions apply to all persons entering the racecourse and grounds. These Conditions are issued by Cartmel Steeplechases (Holker) Ltd. Acceptance of these Conditions will result in a legally binding contract between you and us which include the terms of the licence which we have granted to you to enter the Racecourse.
It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these Conditions.
- Badges, Privilege Access Swipe System (PASS) Cards, tickets and other entitlements to enter the Racecourse are non-transferable. They may not be transferred, sold, offered for sale, couple or bundled with any other product or services or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever without our consent (which we may withhold in our absolute discretion).
- No refunds shall be given in respect of any unused part of any badge or other entitlement unless authorised by the management.
- Tickets must be paid in full at the time of booking. Your booking is only confirmed when full payment is received.
- Restaurant and hospitality bookings must be paid in full one month prior to the event or immediately if booked within the 30 day period leading up to the event.
- If you lose or misplace your tickets, you will need to purchase new tickets at the gate, on the day. After the fixture, please then return the used tickets by post to the Racecourse office and a refund will be issued subject to the initial tickets being unused.
- If you exit the racecourse on a race day and you wish to return then you must have your badge scanned on exit to allow re-entry.
- Tickets requested by post will be subjected to a £2.50 processing and booking fee and will be sent by Royal Mail second class post. Last orders for tickets to be sent by post are 7 days prior to the first race day of the race meeting in question. If you do not receive your tickets within 5 days before the first race day of each race meeting then please contact the office on 015395 36340.
- For the 2018 Concert Early Bird offer, the following applies:
For a limited time only, customers are invited to purchase racing with concert tickets at a reduced price. There is no limit to the number of tickets per household this year.
- Full refunds for tickets will be given if racing is abandoned before the first race. A 50% refund will be given if racing is abandoned before the third or featured race. No cash refunds will be given on the day, but will be administered by post after the meeting. Applications for refunds should be sent within one month of the fixture.
- For music event’s (with or without racing included), once you have purchased tickets, they can only be returned, exchanged or refunded in the circumstances described below:
- If we fail to fulfil an order as a result of any negligence, or similar act or omission of our own or in breach of contract the customer will be entitled to a full refund including any booking fee charged.
- If the event is cancelled, postponed or material changes are made to the Event, namely a change of the venue or the headline act, the original tickets that you have purchased will remain valid for the revised event (except for in the case of cancellation) unless otherwise advised. However, in these circumstances, only the face value of the tickets will be refunded as these are circumstances beyond our control. If the tickets have not been despatched, the processing fee will also be refunded.
Refunds are made using the same method of payment that was used to purchase the tickets.
- Attendees must ensure that badges are securely attached to their clothing on racedays and visible at all times and otherwise show badges, PASS Cards, tickets and other entitlements to officials at any time upon request.
- We accept no responsibility for lost of stolen badges, PASS Cards, tickets or other entitlements. The Racecourse has no obligation to replace a lost or stolen badge, PASS Card, ticket or other entitlement. In the event that we decide to replace a lost or stolen badge, PASS Card, ticket or other entitlement, we may charge a fee to do so.
- We reserve the right at any time an without prior notice to refuse admission to or expel any Attendee who, in our reasonable opinion:
o Has breached or is likely to breach these Conditions and any variation.
o Has or is likely to commit an offence or otherwise do anything which is unlawful; and/or
o Behaves or is likely to behave in an unacceptable or unruly manner or in a manner likely to cause offence to other Attendees.
- The following items must NOT be brought onto the Racecourse: fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns or any article that might be used as a weapon and/or may in our reasonable opinion compromise public safety. Any attendee in possession of such items will refused entry to the Racecourse or expelled.
- Alcohol should not be purchased or consumed on the Racecourse by anyone under the age of 18.
- From time to time we will close race track crossings for safety reasons. Attendees are prohibited from attempting to cross any closed crossing or attempting to cross the race track other than at an open crossing.
- Gazebos are not permitted next to the running rails, or within 10 metres either side of a jump. The Racecourse reserves the right to ask for Gazebos and Windbreaks to be removed in the event of strong winds and/or bad weather to ensure the safety of other Attendees.
- The Racecourse reserves the right to extinguish barbecues if they affect or potentially affect racing.
- Vans and Motor Homes are not permitted to park next to the running rails or within 10 metres either side of a jump. The Racecourse reserves the right to ask for Vans and Motor Homes to move should they obstruct visibility of any race which may affect the Health & Safety of our horses and jockeys.
- Only those Attendees who have been given express prior permission by us to trade, advertise, distribute leaflets or conduct any other commercial or promotional activities on the Racecourse may do so.
- No Attendee may lay bets or otherwise conduct any betting or gaming business whilst on the Racecourse unless specifically entitled to do so by us. This does not prohibit Attendees placing bets with those on-course bookmakers or other properly authorised betting business.
- The use of cameras, video equipment, laptop and other computer equipment, mobile telephones and other telecommunication devices at the Racecourse is strictly controlled and limited. You are not permitted to make any commercial use or any audio/visual coverage, still images or data relating to racing at the Racecourse.
- Dogs are permitted in any enclosure but must remain on leads at all times. Where dogs are permitted, they must not be allowed to foul anywhere on the Racecourse. To the extent we are legally able to do so, we reserved the right, if necessary, to force entry into a car to release animals which may be suffering.
- Any property brought onto the Racecourse by an Attendee remains at all times at the entire risk of the Attendee. The Racecourse accepts no responsibility for the theft or other loss or damage to Attendees’ property.
- Attendees must accept that, by its very nature, attending race meetings is not without risk. Attendees much, therefore, remain vigilant and exercise a reasonable degree of caution and care for themselves and those around them at all times, which includes extreme caution when walking on uneven surfaces.
- All vehicles parked or stored within the Racecourse are parked at the owners risk and the Racecourse accepts no responsibility for such vehicles.
- In the event of an emergency (bomb scare, fire hazard, etc.) all areas must be evacuated. Please listen to announcements over the public address system. Any emergency should be reported immediately to a member of the Racecourse staff and/or the Racecourse Office.
Stay in Touch
Be the first to hear about our latest news and events, special offers and ticket releases with a personalised newsletter.